Composition & Tenure
- Twelve faculty, at least one of whom shall be a senator (normally), with one from each of the degree-granting colleges, and three from the College of Arts and Sciences representing life and physical sciences, social sciences, and humanities and arts: (F)
- One graduate student with a one-year term (renewable). (G)
- Vice president of research and director of Office of Research Support and Operations. (#)(X)
- Advises the president, the provost, the executive vice president, and the vice president for research on research and creative activity directions, policies, and programs.
- Evaluates select applications for University funds to support faculty and graduate student research and creative activity including the establishment of subcommittees for different disciplinary areas. Recommends allocations of funds to the vice president for research.
- Reviews and recommends policies on administration of relevant appropriated research funds and special grants.
- Reviews, recommends, and implements policies with respect to establishing, reviewing, and renewing centers and institutes under the purview of the Faculty Senate.
- Reviews applications for new centers and institutes and subsequent reports for established centers and institutes to make recommendations to the Faculty Senate.
- Co-Chair or Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on the Steering Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate and the president.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president, through the vice president for research.
(S) Faculty on Sabbatical; (SS) Sabbatical substitute
|Name||Rank||Constituency||Location||Term Start||Term End|
|Committee Chair, Jeb Owen (F)||Associate Professor||Entomology, CAHNRS||Pullman||2015*||2023|
|Committee Chair, Pablo Monsivais (F)||Associate Professor||Nutrition & Exercise Physiology, ESFCOM||Spokane||2020||2023|
|Yoon Joon Lee (F)||Associate Professor||Strategic Communication, MCC||Pullman||2022||2023|
|Alberto Sa Vinhas||Associate Professor||Marketing & International Business, CCB||Vancouver||2020||2023|
|Brian Clowers (F) (S)||Associate Professor||Physical Sciences, CAS||Pullman||2021||2024|
|Ryan Learn (F) (SS)||Assistant Professor||School of the Environment, CAS||Tri-Cities||2022||2023|
|Andrea Lazarus||Professor||Pharmacotherapy, CoPPS||Spokane||2021||2024|
|James MacLean||Associate Professor||Cntr, for Reproductive Biology, CVM||Pullman||2021||2024|
|Erin Thornton (F)||Associate Professor||Anthropology, CAS||Pullman||2022||2025|
|Thomas Jobson (F)||Professor||Civil & Environmental Engineering, VCEA||Pullman||2022||2025|
|Peter Chilson (F)||Professor||English, CAS||Pullman||2019||2025|
|Jonah Firestone (F)||Assistant Professor||Science Education, CoE||Tri-Cities||2022||2025|
|Steve James||Assistant Professor||Nursing, CoN||Spokane||2022||2025|
|Karen Hecox||Research Operations Coordinator||Administrative Support||Pullman||Administrative Support||Administrative Support|
|Chris Keane||Vice President for Research||Office of Research Support and Operations||Pullman||ORSO Representative||ORSO Representative|
|Dan Nordquist||Deputy Vice President for Research & Operations||Office of Research Support and Operations||Pullman||ORSO Representative||ORSO Representative|
|Derek Brown||Manager||Office of Research Support and Operations||Pullman||ORSO Representative||ORSO Representative|
|Geoffrey Thatcher (G)||Graduate Student||MCC||Pullman||2022||2023|
|Sreya Mukherjee (G)||Graduate Student||CAS||Pullman||2022||2023|
|Ashish Kondal (G)||Graduate Student||VCEA||Pullman||2022||2023|