Research and Arts Committee
- Advises the president, the provost, the executive vice president, and the vice president for research on research and creative activity directions, policies, and programs.
- Evaluates select applications for University funds to support faculty and graduate student research and creative activity including the establishment of subcommittees for different disciplinary areas. Recommends allocations of funds to the vice president for research.
- Reviews and recommends policies on administration of relevant appropriated research funds and special grants.
- Reviews, recommends, and implements policies with respect to establishing, reviewing, and renewing centers and institutes under the purview of the Faculty Senate.
- Reviews applications for new centers and institutes and subsequent reports for established centers and institutes to make recommendations to the Faculty Senate.
Composition and tenure
- Twelve faculty, at least one of whom shall be a senator (normally), with one from each of the degree-granting colleges, and three from the College of Arts and Sciences representing life and physical sciences, social sciences, and humanities and arts: (F)
- Three graduate students, with one-year terms (renewable). (G)
- Vice president of research and director of Office of Research Support and Operations. (#)(X)
- Co-Chair or Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on the Steering Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate and the president.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president, through the vice president for research.