Graduate Studies Committee
- On a continuous basis, reviews and appraises graduate educational policies, programs, and procedures.
- Recommends establishment, continuation, modification, and termination of graduate courses and degree programs.
- Advises the Dean of the Graduate School.
- Makes policy recommendations regarding the granting of graduate scholarships, assistantships, and fellowships.
- Consults with the Academic Affairs Committee and the Health Sciences Professional Committee on those policies and procedures that jointly affect graduate and undergraduate education or health professional programs.
Composition and tenure
- One member from each college that offers graduate training. Normally, at least one shall be a member of the Senate. (F)
- Three graduate students, with one-year terms (renewable), with at least two geographic regions represented. (G)
- President, Graduate and Professional Student Association; dean of the Graduate School, serving as secretary; provost and executive vice president or designee; all chancellors or their designees. (X)(#)
- Chair or co-chairs are elected by the Committee.
- Permanent Subcommittee: Catalog Subcommittee.
- Whenever possible, at least one non-ex officio member of the Graduate Studies Committee shall serve on the Catalog Subcommittee.
- Has representation on the Steering Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate, the president, dean of the Graduate School, and the provost and executive vice president.