Faculty Status Committee
- Reviews, mediates, and/or adjudicates disputes within the faculty and between the faculty and the administration.
- Makes recommendations to the Faculty Affairs Committee and to the President concerning policies about faculty affairs which arise out of its conciliatory and judicial functions.
- Calls special meetings of the faculty or any component thereof, giving reasonable notice, at which time the Chair of the Committee shall preside.
- Reviews any problem within its jurisdiction brought to it by any member of the faculty.
- Makes periodic reports (at least annually) to the Faculty Senate and to the faculty concerning its operations. A Guide for Faculty, Appellants and New Members
Composition and Tenure
- Nine faculty, with three-year terms. Members are elected by the faculty by secret ballot according to procedures specified in the Faculty Manual. (F)
Chair elected by the Committee
Responsible to: The Faculty
Reports to: The Faculty; the Faculty Senate
- Members must be tenured and hold the rank of at least Associate Professor.
- Members must have at least six consecutive years of employment at Washington State University.
- Members may not hold an administrative appointment that involves participation in tenure and/or promotion decisions.
- Membership should provide broad representation across the colleges, Libraries, and research stations.
Peter Boag, Co-Chair (2019)
Carolyn F Ross, Co-Chair (2020)
School of Food Science
Jennifer Sherman (2020)
Department of Sociology
Sarah Ullrich-French (2020)
Department of ELSSECP, COE
T. Randy Fortenbery (2021)
Babu John Mariadoss (2021)
Marketing & International Business
Elizabeth Soliday (2021)
Vilma Navarrao-Daniels (2021)
School of Languages, Cultures, & Race
R. Dale Evans (2022)
School of Biological Sciences
Keri McCarthy (2022)
School of Music
Mary Paine (2022)