Faculty Affairs Committee
- Makes recommendations concerning policy on appointments, promotion, tenure, and leave of absence.
- Makes recommendations relating to standards of performance, professional ethics, faculty rights and responsibilities, academic freedom, and faculty compensation.
- Receives, reviews, and acts upon other policy matters concerning faculty affairs.
- Maintains liaison with Faculty Status Committee regarding functions 1 and 2.
Composition and tenure
- Eleven faculty, selected with representation from the various areas of the University in mind, with at least three geographical regions represented. Normally, at least one of the members shall be a member of the Senate. To be eligible as a member, usually a person must have served as a faculty member at WSU for at least three years.
- Vice provost for faculty development and recognition (X)(#).
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on Budget Committee and Steering Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president.