Faculty Affairs Committee
- Makes recommendations concerning policy on appointments, promotion, tenure, and leave of absence.
- Makes recommendations relating to standards of performance, professional ethics, faculty rights and responsibilities, academic freedom, and faculty compensation.
- Receives, reviews, and acts upon other policy matters concerning faculty affairs.
- Maintains liaison with Faculty Status Committee regarding functions 1 and 2.
Composition and tenure
- Eleven faculty, selected with representation from the various areas of the University in mind, with at least three geographical regions represented. Normally, at least one of the members shall be a member of the Senate. To be eligible as a member, usually a person must have served as a faculty member at WSU for at least three years.
- Vice provost for faculty development and recognition (X)(#).
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on Budget Committee and Steering Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president.
Judi McDonald, Chair (F)
Stephanie Bauman (F)
Ekaterine Burduli (F)
Suzanne Fricke (F)
Cynthia Haseltine (F)
Heiko Jansen (F)
Sergey Lapin (F)
Don Llewellyn (F)
Martin Maquivar (F)
Michael Neff (F)
Jennifer Thigpen (F)
Vice Provost for Faculty Development (X)(#)
Faculty Senate Secretary Representative (X)(#)
Faculty Senate Principal Assistant (X)(#)