Openings (0): None
The Faculty Affairs Committee meets every other Wednesday at 3:00 during the academic year. Normally committee members will spend an additional two hours per month reviewing documents and information. If a committee member volunteers to take the lead on a particular project, then the workload increases depending on the need of the project.
Composition & Tenure
- Eleven faculty, selected with representation from the various areas of the University in mind, with at least three geographical regions represented. Normally, at least one of the members shall be a member of the Senate. To be eligible as a member, usually a person must have served as a faculty member at WSU for at least three years (F).
- Vice provost for faculty development and recognition (X)(#).
- Makes recommendations concerning policy on appointments, promotion, tenure, and leave of absence.
- Makes recommendations relating to standards of performance, professional ethics, faculty rights and responsibilities, academic freedom, and faculty compensation.
- Receives, reviews, and acts upon other policy matters concerning faculty affairs.
- Maintains liaison with Faculty Status Committee regarding functions 1 and 2.
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on Budget Committee and Steering Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president.
|Name||Rank||Constituency||Location||Term Start||Term End|
|Committee Chair, Judi McDonald (F)||Professor||Mathematics, CAS||Pullman||2021||2024|
|Heiko Jansen (F)||Professor||Integrative Physiology & Neuroscience, VCEA||Pullman||2021||2023|
|Chelsea Leachman (F)||Librarian||Libraries||Pullman||2020||2023|
|Don Llewellyn (F)||Director & Associate Professor||Livestock Extension Specialist, CAHNRS||Lincoln County Extension||2021||2023|
|Sergey Lapin (F)||Professor||Mathematics, CAS||Pullman||2018||2024|
|Michael Neff (F)||Professor||Crop & Soil Sciences, CAHNRS||Pullman||2018||2024|
|Ekaterina Burduli (F)||Assistant Professor||Nursing, CoN||Spokane||2019||2025|
|Donna Potts (F)||Professor||English, CAS||Pullman||2022||2025|
|Martin Maquivar (F)||Associate Professor||Animal Science, CAHNRS||Pullman||2019||2025|
|Stephanie Bauman (F)||Associate Professor||Psychology, CAS||Tri-Cities||2019||2025|
|Sue Marsh (F)||Associate Professor||Pharmaceutical Sciences, CoPPS||Spokane||2022||2025|
|Administrative Support (F)|
|Laura Hill||Senior Vice Provost||Human Development, CAHNRS||Pullman||Office of the Provost Representation||Office of the Provost Representation|
|Matt Hudelson||Associate Professor||Mathematics, CAS||Pullman||Faculty Senate Executive Officer Representation||Faculty Senate Executive Officer Representation|
|Anna Schilter||Principal Assistant||Faculty Senate||Pullman||Administrative Support||Administrative Support|