Composition & Tenure
- Seven faculty, with at least three geographical regions represented. (F)
- One graduate and one undergraduate student, with one-year terms (renewable). (G-U)
- One faculty member of the Academic Affairs Committee; one faculty member of the Faculty Affairs Committee; as chosen by those committees. (A)
- Vice president for business affairs; provost and executive vice president or designee; and the director, Budget. (#) (X)
- The Budget Committee evaluates the budgets of proposals and only for: the likelihood of projected outcomes, costs, and revenues. Within the proposals the following metrics are considered:
- Quality of the data;
- Indirect and intangible costs to other units across WSU;
- Noticeable omissions in their budget logic.
- Evaluating curriculum, etc., is the domain of subsequent committees and the Senate.
- The Budget Committee evaluates the following:
- Proposals for new degrees
- Other proposals on an ad hoc basis when requested by the Faculty Senate or the Senate Steering Committee.
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on the Steering Committee.
- Whenever possible, at least one non-ex officio member of the Academic Affairs Committee shall serve on each of the permanent subcommittees.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president.
|Name||Rank||Constituency||Location||Start Term||End Term|
|Committee Chair, Li Xu (F)||Associate Professor||Accounting, CCB||Vancouver||2020||2026|
|Elizabeth Phenneger (F)||Clinical Assistant Professor||College of Nursing||Spokane||2023||2026|
|Ting Chi (F)||Professor||AMDT, CAHNRS||Pullman||2022||2024|
|Beth Blakesely (F)||Dean of Libraries||Libraries||Pullman||2022||2025|
|Weimin Li (F)||Associate Professor||Translational Medicine, ESFCOM||Spokane||2022||2025|
|Chuck Moore (F)||Professor||Mathematics, CAS||Pullman||2022||2025|
|Vacant||--||Business Accounting, CCB||Pullman||--||--|
|Marwa Aly||Graduate Student||VCEA||Pullman||2023||2024|
|Collin Bannister||Undergraduate Student||CAS||Pullman||2023||2024|
|Ex-Officio Non-Voting Members|
|Thabiti Lewis||Associate Professor||English, CAS||Vancouver||AAC Representative||AAC Representative|
|Aaron Oforlea||Associate Professor||English CAS||Pullman||AAC Representative||AAC Representative|
|Cynthia Haseltine||Associate Professor||Molecular Biosciences, CAS||Pullman||FAC Representative||FAC Representative|
|Laura Hill||Senior Vice Provost||Academic Affairs||Pullman||Office of the Provost Representative||Office of the Provost Representative|
|Kelley Westhoff||Executive Director||Budget, Planning, & Analysis||Pullman||Finance & Administration Representative||Finance & Administration Representative|
The Budget Committee meets for two hours each month.