- Budget Committee only evaluates the budgets of proposals and only for: likelihood of projected outcomes; costs, and revenues within the proposals; quality of the data; indirect and intangible costs to other units across WSU; and noticeable omissions in their budget logic. Evaluating curriculum, etc., is the domain of subsequent committees and the Senate. Budget Committee only evaluates: (1) proposals for new degrees; and (2) other proposals on an ad hoc basis when requested by the Faculty Senate or the Senate Steering Committee.
- Budget Committee evaluations are forwarded to the Senate Steering Committee to distribute and inform subsequent evaluations of these proposals.
Composition and tenure
- Seven faculty, with at least three geographical regions represented. (F)
- One graduate and one undergraduate student, with one-year terms (renewable). (G-U)
- One faculty member of the Academic Affairs Committee; one faculty member of the Faculty Affairs Committee; as chosen by those committees. (A)
- Vice president for business affairs; provost and executive vice president or designee; and the director, Budget. (#) (X)
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on the Steering Committee.
- Whenever possible, at least one non-ex officio member of the Academic Affairs Committee shall serve on each of the permanent subcommittees.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president.