- Studies and recommends long-range policies for the allocation of financial resources.
- Examines budgets and advises the administration on the preparation of the budgets and the allocation of funds within budget categories.
- Maintains close contact with the Faculty Affairs and Academic Affairs Committees so that the work of these committees is reflected in budget policies.
Composition and tenure
- Seven faculty, with at least three geographical regions represented. (F)
- One graduate and one undergraduate student, with one-year terms (renewable). (G-U)
- One faculty member of the Academic Affairs Committee; one faculty member of the Faculty Affairs Committee; as chosen by those committees. (A)
- Vice president for business affairs; provost and executive vice president or designee; and the director, Budget. (#) (X)
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Has representation on the Steering Committee.
- Whenever possible, at least one non-ex officio member of the Academic Affairs Committee shall serve on each of the permanent subcommittees.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the president.