Report from September 17-18

Report to Faculty Senate

For my first meeting as the faculty representative to the Board of Regents, I was unsure of my role and participation. I have since learned more and updated the website linked in the menu called Faculty Representation on the Board of Regents.  I will post reports on this page for your review and comments. I will also continue to post links to the public YouTube links as well as the links to the agenda.

Update from Sept 17/18 2020

The majority of the discussion centered around COVID-19, fall census enrollment numbers, and budgets. COVID-19 has been well covered in the media so I will not add to that here. On the issue of budget, the discussions centered around the increased athletics debt projections associated with the pandemic.

The board decided to postpone approval of this budget projections – first by a few weeks and now until the regular November meeting. The athletic budget too has been covered in the media. Note the 30M projected increase in debt was based on assumptions about the season’s play.  On September 25 it was announced that PAC-12 will resume in November.

The full agenda and YouTube Links are posted so I will only highlight those things that were discussed in detail or pertain to faculty.

Categories: BoR

Comments