WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY
The Faculty Senate will meet Thursday, September 20, 2018 in FSHN T101, Spokane SAC 415, Tri-Cities East 224 and Vancouver VUB 311 at 3:30 p.m.
- Call to Order.
- Approval of Minutes of April 12, 2018 Meeting (Exhibit A)
- Information Items.
- Faculty Senate Officers met with the provost on May 23, June 19, July 24, August 21, September 18, 2018
- Faculty Senate Officers met with the president on June 25, August 9, 2018
- Minor Change Bulletin #1 #2 (Exhibits B B1)
- Undergraduate Bulletin #1 – Correction Bulletin (Exhibits G G1)
- Summer Items passed by Steering Committee
- Correction of the title of the BS in Earth and Environmental Science, to the BS in Earth and Environmental Sciences (Exhibit C)
- Name change from Program in Women’s Studies to Program in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. (Exhibits D, E)
The NOI on Women’s Studies (attached) appeared on Senate agenda 02.08.18 as an Information Item accompanied by the New School focused on Languages, Cultures, and Race
- Ormsby Award winner: Susan Finley
- The Research and Arts Committee approved the 5 year review for the Washington State Institute for Criminal Justice
- The Research and Arts Committee voted to grant interim status to the Center for Arts and Humanities CAH1 CAH2 CAH3
- The Research and Arts Committee voted to grant interim status to the three joint WSU-PNNL Institutes (Advanced Grid Institute, Bioproducts Institute, and Nuclear Science & Technology Institute) with an extra extension granted for the full proposal due date for the Bioproducts Institute Institute documents: 1 2 3 4 5
- Information Items.
- Remarks by the Chair – Jeannette Mageo
- New Senate Website Overview – Greg Crouch
- Remarks by Steering Committee Chairs
- Additions or Changes to the Agenda.
- Agenda Items.
- Discussion Items.
- Recommendation from the Graduate Studies Committee to approve Graduate Major Change Bulletin #1 (Exhibit F ) –D. Call/A. Dimitrov
- Recommendation from the Academic Affairs Committee to approve the Undergraduate Major Change Bulletin #2 (Exhibits H H1 )– K. Hildenbrand
- Recommendation from the Academic Affairs Committee to approve the UCORE Bulletin #1 (Exhibit I )– K.Hildenbrand
- Recommendation from the Academic Affairs Committee to approve the proposal to Extend the American Indian Studies Certificate to Global Campus (Exhibits J J1 J2 )– K.Hildenbrand
- Recommendation from Steering Committee to approve the Faculty Senate Committees (Exhibit K )
- Constituents’ Concerns.