The Library Committee meets once a month during the academic year for one hour over Zoom. Committee members may be asked to read proposals or other materials before some meetings; this typically takes no more than one hour per month.
- Consults with the dean of libraries and makes recommendations regarding issues and solutions identified by the dean.
- Consults with the dean of libraries and makes recommendations regarding issues identified by the Senate or the University community.
- Reviews proposed degree programs for adequacy of library holdings and services.
Composition and tenure
- Eight faculty, with representation from the various areas of the University in mind, including at least one non-administrative faculty member, with at least three geographical regions represented. (F)
- Two students, one undergraduate and one graduate, with one-year terms (renewable). (G-U)
- Dean of Libraries or their designee. (#) (X)
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the provost and executive vice president.