Composition & Tenure
- Eight faculty, with representation from the various areas of the University in mind, including at least one non-administrative faculty member, with at least three geographical regions represented. (F)
- Dean of Libraries or their designee. (#) (X)
- Two students, one undergraduate and one graduate, with one-year terms (renewable). (G-U)
- Consults with the dean of libraries and makes recommendations regarding issues and solutions identified by the dean.
- Consults with the dean of libraries and makes recommendations regarding issues identified by the Senate or the University community.
- Reviews proposed degree programs for adequacy of library holdings and services.
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the provost and executive vice president.
|Name||Rank||Constituency||Location||Term Start||Term End|
|Committee Chair, Thomas Rotolo (F)||Professor||Sociology, CAS||Pullman||2020||2026|
|Jose Vazquez-Bello (F)||Associate Professor||Astronomy & Astrophysics, CAS||Vancouver||2023||2026|
|Michael Berger (F)||Clinical Assistant Professor||Biological Sciences, CAS||Vancouver||2021||2024|
|Reed David (F)||Cataloging Librarian||Libraries||Pullman||2021||2024|
|Jacob Lewis (F)||Assistant Professor||Politics / Public Affairs, CAS||Pullman||2021||2024|
|Wei Peng (F)||Assistant Professor||StratCom, MCC||Pullman||2022||2025|
|AG Rud(F)||Professor||Cultural Studies & Social Thought, CoE||Pullman||2022||2025|
|Zhoakang Cheng (F)||Assistant Professor||Pharmaceutical Sciences, CoPPS||Spokane||2022||2025|
|Amir Hossein Moadab (G)||Graduate Student||Graduate Student Representative||Pullman||2023||2024|
|Savannah Eakin||Undergraduate Student||CAS||Pullman||2023||2024|
|Ex-Officio Non-Voting Members|
|Jay Starratt (#) (X)||Dean of Libraries||Libraries||Pullman||Dean of Libraries||Dean of Libraries|
|Beth Blakesley (#) (X)||Associate Dean of Libraries||Libraries||Pullman||Dean of Libraries Representative||Dean of Libraries Representative|
|Bonny Boyan (#) (X)||Assistant to the Dean||Libraries & Acting Committee Support||Pullman||Dean of Libraries Representative||Dean of Libraries Representative|
The Library Committee meets once a month during the academic year for one hour over Zoom. Committee members may be asked to read proposals or other materials before some meetings; this typically takes no more than one hour per month.