Distinguished Faculty Address Committee
- To select members of the faculty distinguished by excellence in scholarship, teaching, and research for the signal honor of being invited to deliver a Distinguished Faculty Address to the University community, and to make all necessary arrangements for the presentation of such addresses.
- To appoint working subcommittees, which may include members not on the parent committee, as necessary to accomplish its function. The membership of these subcommittees shall be chosen so as to assure broad representation from constituencies of the Faculty Senate.
Composition and tenure
- Six faculty. Three chosen by the Office of the Provost and three chosen by the Faculty Senate. (F)
- One graduate student, with a one-year term (renewable). (G)
- A member of the University Relations Staff. (#)(X)
- Chair elected by the Committee.
- Responsible to: Faculty Senate and the provost and executive vice president.
- Reports to: Faculty Senate and the provost and executive vice president.