The Admissions Subcommittee typically meets twice a semester to review appeals. The number of appeals ranges from about 3-20. Workload is about 5-10 hours per semester.
- Makes recommendations to the Academic Affairs Committee concerning admission policies, regulations, and rules.
- Serves in an advisory capacity to the Admissions staff by interpreting admission rules, regulations, and policies established by the Board of Regents or the Senate.
- Serves as an appeals board for all challenges to the administration or application of admission rules and credit transfer regulations.
Composition and tenure
- Six faculty. (F)
- One graduate student with one-year terms (renewable). (G)
- Director, Admissions; director, Advising; director, Center for Academic and Career Development, or designee; director, Multicultural Student Services; director, Access Center. (X)(#)
- One student or faculty member of the Academic Affairs Committee chosen by that committee. (A)
- Chair elected by the Subcommittee.
- Responsible to: Academic Affairs Committee
- Reports to: Academic Affairs Committee and the president, through the provost and executive vice president.