WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY FACULTY SENATE
The Faculty Senate will meet Thursday, September 19, 2019 in FSHN T101, Spokane SCRS 222, Tri-Cities East 228 and Vancouver VUB 311 at 3:30 p.m.
Zoom information for off-campus senators
If you are on the Pullman campus, please attend the meeting in person.
|Join Zoom Meeting|
|Phone one-tap:||US: +17207072699,,866018107# or +16465588656,,866018107#|
- Call to Order.
- Approval of Minutes of April 11, 2019 Meeting (Exhibit A)
- Information Items.
- Faculty Senate Officers met with the provost on April 23, May 21
- Faculty Senate Officers met with the president on April 15, August 13, August 21
- Minor Change Bulletin #1 (Exhibit B)
- Amended Senate Meeting Dates 2019-2020 (Exhibit C)
- Summer Items passed by Steering Committee
- Steering Committee and Faculty Affairs Committee have approved the Notice of Intent (NOI) in accordance with the MOU guidelines to approve NOI on the Creation of the School of Information (Exhibits H H1)
- Steering Committee has reviewed and approved the fast track proposal to Extend the Bachelor of Science in Earth and Environmental Science to Global (Exhibits I I1 I2)
- Undergraduate Major Change Correction Bulletin #1 (Exhibits J J1 )
- Research & Arts Committee has reviewed and approved
Name Change of the Washington State University Materials Research Institute (WSU- MRI) to the Washington State University Institute of Materials Research (WSU-IMR)
(Exhibits K K1) T.Barry/L.Day
- Information Items.
- Remarks by the Chair – Greg Crouch
- Remarks by Interim Associate Vice Provost Melanie Neuilly PPT
- Additions or Changes to the Agenda.
- Agenda Items.
- Discussion Items.
- Recommendation from the Graduate Studies Committee to approve Graduate Major Change Bulletin #1 (Exhibit L) Dimitrov/U.Umesh
- Recommendation from the Graduate Studies Committee to approve the Certificate in Bioinformatics (Exhibits M M1 ) Dimitrov/U.Umesh
- Recommendation from Faculty Affairs to approve the revision to the Faculty Manual on Changes to the Faculty Manual in Section IV I: Use of Faculty Authored, Edited Or Prepared Scholarly Material ( Exhibits O O1 O2) – S. Hines
- Recommendation from the Academic Affairs Committee to approve the UCORE Bulletin #1 (Exhibits P) – K.Hildenbrand
- Recommendation from the Academic Affairs Committee to approve Revision to Rule 82 religious observances (Exhibits Q) – K.Hildenbrand
- Recommendation from the Academic Affairs Committee to approve the revision to Rules 38, 106, 111 and to eliminate Rule 42 new terminology “admission to the major” (Exhibit R) K.Hildenbrand
- Recommendation from Professional Heath Science Committee to approve the ESFCOM for Future Academic Calendar Dates (Exhibits S S1) J. Mattoon
- Recommendation from Professional Heath Science Committee to approve the revision to Rule 119 on official certificates (Exhibit T) J. Mattoon
- Recommendation from Steering Committee to approve the Faculty Senate Committees (Exhibit U )
- Recommendation from Steering Committee to approve the revision to the Faculty Senate Constitution to allow the WSU Everett Faculty Senate representation (Exhibit V )
- Constituents’ Concerns.